- The Ministry of Home Affairs has conceptualized the Crime & Criminals Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) project as a Mission Mode Project under the National e- Governance Plan (NeGP). This is an effort of the Government of India to modernize the police force giving top priority to enhancing outcomes in the areas of Crime Investigation and Criminals Detection, in information gathering, and its dissemination among various police organizations and units across the country, and in enhancing Citizen Services. CCTNS aims at creating a comprehensive and integrated system for enhancing the efficiency and effective policing at all levels and especially at the Police Station level through adoption of principles of e-Governance, and creation of a nationwide networked infrastructure for evolution of IT-enabled state-of-the-art tracking system.
- Nodal Agency for J&K State: State Crime Branch J&K
- System Integrator (SI) : Navayuga Infotech Pvt Ltd. Hyderabad
- State Project Management Unit (SPMU) : TCIL New Delhi
- Network Connectivity to be provided by BSNL